NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
R25000 per month neg
Short term contract with possibility of permanent
Our client seeks a short term Accountant starting as soon as possible, for an initial period of three months, with the possibility of extension, to assist with:
• Preparation of payments
• Monitoring of general ledger postings for accuracy and effects on the expenditure budgets; also monitoring of Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable / Clearing Control accounts and ensures that are reconciled on a monthly basis.
• Checking program cash expenditure reconciliations
• Managing the full creditors function, including preparation of creditors’ reconciliations and requisitions
• Preparation of branch accounts for audit;
• Managing inter-account transfers to maximum efficiency.
• Reconciliation of bank accounts, reports and journals for HQ and ensures all reconciliation functions by countries are in compliance with financial policies and procedures
• Ensuring total compliance with companies zero tolerance for corruption policy.
• Tertiary education with specialized certification in Accounting/Commerce; or Professional qualification at level 2, e.g. CIS, CIMA.
• At least five years of professional experience with at least three of these in an NGO sector with proven track record of managing multiple countries and donors.
• Knowledge and experience of Sage Pastel Evolution (This is essential)
• Experience of branch accounting is essential;
• Ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• IT proficiency.
• Valid driver’s license.
Please email cv to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote EK504 in the subject line
Or apply online at https://goo.gl/O9P8Gi