NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Type of Business:
Contracting, Joinery, Interior, Kitchen or Construction.
2500 Bahraini Dinar All Inclusive monthly
Purpose of the Job:
The General Manager will ensure the profitability of the contracting business by overseeing the various departments which include sales and financing, operations and the business office.
• To provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Company Board with the development of short and long term and annual plans, and submitting projections with the purpose of managing and growing the business in Bahrain and GCC region and achieving the sales goals.
• To manage the sales process includes creating forecasts, managing prices, and managing key accounts to enhance Company’s presence in Bahrain. To identifying new business opportunities in Bahrain and GCC regions, and drive sales of contracting works for the retail and project market.
• To develop & implement product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
• To manage Profit & Loss and review variances, revenue margins and identify growth opportunities. To review the financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and sales target achievement. To determine areas needing cost reduction and improvement.
• To guide the sales team in terms of negotiating price, specifications and terms and conditions of agreement with customers and suppliers, and finalizing the contract.
• To build sustainable and commercially beneficial business relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, overall monitoring of the progress of the various ongoing and upcoming projects. To ensure timely after sales service to all clients and gain customer trust and confidence.
• To maintain and ensure compliance of Company policies and operational budget guidelines, and report to the Directors on weekly basis.
• To conduct effective and accurate market research to increase market share. To ensure the confidentiality of the customer database and other sensitive information pertaining to the business contracts.
• BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
• MBA IN SALES IS PREFERRED RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
• 15-20 YEARS (Out of which 5-10 yrs. in GCC or Bahrain and 5 yrs. in senior management)
• ENGLISH (MUST), ARABIC (PREFERABLE)
• Excellent communication, Sales skills, Project Management, Cost Control, Construction Management, Contracts Management, Quality Assurance, Client Management, Vendor Development, Strategic Procurement, Team Management and Negotiation of Contracts, Managing Tenders, Monthly Information System (MIS).