Operational / Data Analyst
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Operational / Data Analyst
Type of Business:
Metal Recycling Company
Salary: R 20 000 CTC
• Provident fund
• Life cover at 4 x annual salary
• Hospital plan – Discovery Health
• Funeral cover
• 15 days leave per annum
• Long service leave
Standard hours 07h00 – 16h30 Monday – Thursday
07h00 – 14h00 Friday
Purpose of the Job:
Our client is South Africa’s oldest metal recycling company. For almost a century, the client has purchased, collected, processed and recycled all forms of ferrous metals (iron and steel) and non-ferrous metals (aluminium, copper, zinc, stainless steel, lead, nickel, brass, tin, bronze and others).
From their conveniently-located scrap yards in and around Cape Town, Johannesburg and Pretoria, they purchase scrap metals from a range of Southern African sources including industrial enterprises, scrap metal dealers and private individuals.
They strive to conduct all our business with integrity, professionalism and a positive attitude. They are committed to applying principles of reliability, sustainability and performance excellence
Operational Analyst Job Requirements:
Our client requires an enthusiastic, highly motivated Operational Analyst who can work autonomously and as part of a team project.
To support the Product Development Manager in the delivery of several internal and/or external projects. The operations analyst will support data management, client reporting, problem analysis and problem resolution. This person will work with the various departments to ensure integrity of the data and data systems. This position requires strong computer skills, attention to detail, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment.
Collects and summarises data in preparation for statistical and analytical reports. Analyse data trends to highlight business risk to management and highlight possible improvement projects.
• Generate reports for different department in line with the requirements.
• Develop programs, methodologies, and files for analysing and presenting data.
• Collects and summarises data in preparation for statistical and analytical reports i.e. KPI reports, Daily and Weekly reports etc.
• Interprets, evaluates, and connect data, and develops integrated business analyses and projections for reporting purposes.
• Produce high quality reports and ensure accurate data.
• Investigate ad hoc queries; assist in data interpretation and present results.
• Identifying exceptions and errors and investigate and report on the causes for the occurrence.
• Research and analyse data from the clients processes to identify opportunities to improve operations visibility.
• Co-ordinate closely with the development team to document, test, deploy and support process solutions.
• To undertake duties as directed and requested by the Product Development Manager to support the delivery and implementation of projects.
• Provide assistance with project documentation, i.e.: SOP’s, etc.
• Prepare written responses to routine enquiries.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
• Help with operational analysis and any additional project requirement for department.
Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to take initiative
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Detail-orientated and Quality Focussed
• Ability to organise effectively and prioritise own workload
• MS Office advanced proficiency – Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Visio
• Must able to work accurately, under pressure, in order to meet strict deadlines
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Gr. 12 (minimum)
• 2-3 years’ experience in data analysis, decision support, including demonstrated proficiency with analytical software.
• Undergraduate or graduate coursework in statistics, data analysis, research methods.
• Minimum Level 3 in MS Office – Excel
• Knowledge in MS Visio will be advantageous