Retail Clothing Area Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Windhoek – Namibia
Type of Business:
R25000 basic Negotiable + Car + Cell phone + Incentives + Discretionary Bonus + Provident Fund + Staff Discount
An area manager is responsible for all the performances of a company’s branch including its employees in a specified area of responsibility. The responsibility of an area manager is very wide since it picks out company branches that have poor performance in marketing, production, and management. Most of the time an area manager serves as a trouble-shooter for a company branch that is experiencing certain operational, managing, and marketing problems. It is also the job of an area manager to supervise and evaluate all the company branches under its jurisdiction. This kind of position requires a lot of skills especially in communication since this kind of job are more on communicating with branch managers around the area. It is also the role of a branch manager to report regularly the performance of the company’s branches to its main office.
Duties and Responsibilities
• An area manager is in charge of the entire branch managers in his or her assigned area of responsibility.
• Meeting with the area’s branch manager from time to time is one of the major tasks of an area manager.
• Since this kind of job position is more on evaluating, area managers visit company branches within their area to ensure that all the company’s branches performance in their area are doing well.
• An area manager evaluates the assigned branches performance in terms of profitability, production and its employee’s performance as well.
• It is the obligation of an area manager to manipulate company branches that are not performing well.
• Troubleshooting is done by area managers especially in newly opened branches.
• An area manager applies all managerial functions in a wide scope.
• An area manager is most of the time called the head manager since they do all the management process in a wide range such as leading the branch managers to perform well, organizing its branches to perform well, controlling branch uncertain expense, and implementing certain strategies to avoid uncertainties or risks.
• Implementing wide scope strategic management is also done by area managers.
• Area managers must be updated with the current economic trends to formulate and apply it on branches under their jurisdiction in order to avoid business failures and loss of sales.
Our client is an established retailer operating out of Namibia, South Africa and Botswana. They are currently looking for an Area Manager with:
• At least 5 years retail clothing experience
• MUST BE A NAMIBIAN CITIZEN
• Must be based in Windhoek-Namibia
• The successful applicant must be prepared to travel EXTENSIVELY
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be of sober habits
• Must have traceable references