Sales Consultants Needed x 2
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
3 Month Probation then Permanent
Type of Business:
R6000 – R8000 + Occasional performance based bonuses
Purpose of the Job:
I am looking for staff members for my Florida & Boksburg Branches (we have 8 branches nationwide). The individuals need to understand that we are very serious about stability. Our relationships with our clients are based on a long-term relationship and therefore it is critical that a long-term view is taken. I cannot entertain any candidates that aspire to become the next CEO of Google. The position requires a person that is looking for stability and a career. We offer on the job training and although it is a unique product, I believe that retail is retail. It does not matter if you are selling baked beans for a living or carpet, wood flooring or blinds.We offer career opportunities as we are opening stores on an ongoing basis. Staff will have the opportunity to grow into a management position and run a store.
The business specializes in selling all types of floor covering such as Laminate wood, vinyl and carpet. We also sell window blinds. It is a retail operation but staff are required to visit clients. They will not be required to use their own transport as we provide vehicles to do the assessments.
We are in a very competitive market. Our business is driven through aggressive marketing, advertising, word of mouth and repeat business. Clients will make contact with us by either coming into our shops or contacting us via phone or e-mail. Once we have established what the client needs we will more often than not make an appointment with the client to do a site assessment. (All the training is provided) once the assessment is done, we will do the quotation for the client. This is where the “sales” side of the business comes through. Very few customers will get one quotation from one dealer. It is therefore important that we make sure that everything we do will be better than our competitors. We are never late for appointments. Our staff are well groomed, communicate clearly and effectively and are well trained. We follow up with our clients and ensure that all queries are answered. We run our business on a level of honesty and integrity.
Once a client has confirmed that they will use us as their flooring provider we will order the stock and schedule the installation. It is therefore important that our people are focussed and can plan and organize effectively.
• 45 Hours a week – Mon – Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 3pm.
• It is a combination of Internal and External Sales – you would be based at the store and would move from the store to go see clients.
• The candidate must have a driver’s license.
• The candidate must be bilingual – English and Afrikaans.
• The candidate must be computer literate. I do not expect the next Bill Gates, but the candidate must be able to use Outlook, Excel and Word
• The candidate must be a little bit handy. Any guy should be able to use a screwdriver and a drill. From time to time, we need to install window blinds, which are not difficult to install. Training will be provided.
• The candidate must have some ability with math. They must understand that 3×4=12sq meters and not 7.
• I would like somebody with some responsibilities such as family, children or some debt. I find staff with family or debt take their jobs more seriously and will not leave their jobs so easily.
• He will have a sales target to meet.
• The candidate must have some initiative. I know that is very difficult to establish somebody’s initiative in an interview but we must try.
• The candidate must understand that this is a retail environment with LSM 8 – 12 client base. Customer service, grooming/appearance, communication skills etc. are paramount.