Solar Photovoltaic Senior Technician
Kathu – Northern Cape
Type of Business:
R18000 CTC per month- (Basic Salary – R16744.19 + Retirement Annuity- R1255.81)
Purpose of the Job:
Main responsibility is to perform preventive and corrective maintenances at solar farm. May also have to perform retrofits, reports and monitoring. Leadership Skill – Manage team with preventives and correctives maintenances
• Perform preventives maintenances at solar farm. This includes preventive tasks of the main elements in the facility: Inverters, MV Transformers, Switchgears, Cabins, Substation and PV Generator (modules, structure and string boxes). May also have to perform preventives tasks in other elements, such as, Weather Stations, Water Treatment Plant, Generator, Warehouse, Fences, Surveillance System, Roads and Gates.
• Perform correctives maintenances at solar farm. This means troubleshooting of electrical, electronic and mechanical problems, including repair or replacement of parts, to correct malfunctions. Analyse or monitoring problems and perform needed repairs or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions. Perform testing and measurement.
• Use schematics, line diagrams, blueprints, manuals, check lists, health and safety procedures and work instructions to check the different elements of the facility.
• Take direction from Site Manager or direct manager. Inform management of any issues preventing performance of tasks.
• Complete required documentation pertaining to tasks or your time worked, such as, preventive maintenance checks lists, corrective reports or time sheets.
• Carry out any other tasks delegated by the company
• In the performance of your duties, use equipment and resources in accordance with instructions provided by the company. Use basic measuring, hand and power tools as necessary to perform the required tasks.
• Follow procedures, instructions and work orders as part of your normal work functions. Use appropriate safety and personal protective equipment to ensure work is performed safely.
• Take care and keep own tools, measure devices and personal protective equipment.
• Maintain adherence to Company policies, environmental health and safety policies and good housekeeping practices. Identifies gaps in safety standards as well as safety risks in the environment and provides recommendations to higher level technical staff and management.
• Manage filed team with preventives and correctives maintenances. Checking reporting from field technicians.
• 2+ year experience as an Electric or Electronic Technician required, including 1+ year performing maintenance functions or at least 6 months as a Solar Photovoltaic Technician.
• Must have the ability to read and comprehend electrical and electronic schematics, technical manuals, procedures and regulations.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical and electronic problems and perform electrical testing as needed.
• Must have knowledge of electrical and electronic principles and concepts.
• Must have basic knowledge of solar farm operating and components
• Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to follow detailed work instructions, schematics and blueprints.
• Must be able to use hand and power tools (multimeter, clamp meter, tellurometer, insulation tester …)
• Must be able to pass ORHV Regs and to do MV switching
• Must have experience managing people in field works.
• Good computers skills in Office and windows.
• Valid driver´s license