How to apply for a fast-food job.
In today’s world, it is hard to find a suitable job that would make ends meet and provides a future as well. Among many industries, the fast-food industry is also an attractive one to apply to. People ranging in age from high schoolers to adults are looking for a position in the fast-food industry. Though it is an attractive job and entertaining to work at a fast food place like McDonald’s, KFC, Romans Pizza, Debonairs, Chicken Licken, etc, if you know what you need to apply there, you can get a job fast. So let’s look into the details of how should you be applying to these places.
Tips to Apply at a fast-food restaurant
If you want to apply to a fast-food restaurant, you need to be ready to go through a procedure that is pretty much the same for every restaurant. Here are some of the things that you should be doing if you want to apply in the fast-food industry:
- Make a list
Make a list of the restaurants where you would like to apply. Also, look at the multiple platforms to find out the vacancies and make a list of all the open positions. This will give you a heads up for the job application.
- Find out how to apply
Depending on the location of the restaurants, prioritize where you would like to work as per your convenience. Now visit the place or make the call to know what is their procedure for new applications. Some might want you to come and take the application form while many others have online forms available. Many quick-serve restaurants accept the application at the door even if they have no immediate openings so that they have the pool of candidates to choose from if they have the opening in the future.
- Submit the application
For every location you want to apply, you need to submit an application. Many people think that there is a central database where they can apply and an employer of a certain fast-food restaurant will extract the resume from that pool. Well, this is not the case. You have to apply separately in every location you are interested in. Each restaurant has its application form and only the people with correct documentation are considered for the position. Some fast-food restaurants offer online forums where they can apply online and are contacted later.
- Fill in the application form
Fast food restaurants typically receive many applications so it is okay to say that there is a lot of competition when it comes to getting noticed. To get noticed, you must fill out the application form with proper information and correct grammar. Attach the documents correctly. Make sure your writing is readable and that the other person is not confused by your style. You want to submit the application that describes you as the perfect fit for the job.
No matter if you are applying online or through a paper application, it is necessary to fill in the form properly and never leave a space blank. These recruiters and HRs are quite skilled when it comes to screening the applications and pointing out the mistakes or false information.
- Nail the interview
To be the best at the interview, you need to do proper research about what type of workplace it is, what is their culture, and what would they like to have in a perfect candidate? It is all about showing them that you are the best fit for their environment and you know what their company demands.
Though these are the tips for a general application and hiring process, you need to look into the process of each company and apply accordingly. The more you know, the better you can perform.
How to Apply at KFC?
For KFC, investment in the staff means investment in the company. They provide an opportunity for every employee to make a difference and they promise fun as well. Their culture is to provide a friendly, fun, supportive, and customer focused environment to their employees and customers. They tend to thrive as much as they can.
With so many KFC locations around the world, it is fairly easier to find a job at KFC near you. There are a variety of job opportunities that you will find there including cooks, team members, maintenance, cashier, and management position. Depending on your skill level, you will be chosen for a certain job.
Eligibility Criteria for applying at KFC:
To work at the KFC franchise, you need the following things:
- A South African ID
- Availability for weekends and public holidays as well
- Minimum age of 16, and minimum qualification of Grade 10.
- KFC reserves the right to go on with the Employee Verification Checks.
- If you haven’t heard back from them within 30 days, your application was rejected.
You can either go to their franchise and fill a form there, or you can apply online. When filling the application form, you will be required to enter the following information:
- Your personal information including your name, number, address, etc.
- Your availability,
- Your work history, skills, and education.
- You can add references if you have any.
Since the application doesn’t give you much opportunity to express extra thoughts or skills, the best way to stand out is to fill in wisely and use correct grammar and spellings.
How to Apply at McDonald’s?
Looking to earn some extra money and having exposure too? McDonald’s is the place for you. But before you make the hopes for it, let’s see how you can make it easy for you to get yourself into Mcdonald’s. The jobs at Mcdonald’s don’t have any specific age limit. At some branches, you can work at even the age of 14. But to be in the senior position as manager, you need to be at least 18. Jobs at Mcdonald’s usually include crew members, maintenance, cashier, beverage specialist, and assistant manager, and manager. Here are some steps to make your way to McDonald’s:
- Find out the application and fill it. You can look for the application in your nearest branch or you can find it online on their website.
- Enter all the necessary information in the application including your name, address, number, qualification, availability, former employer’s name, etc. Don’t leave any space blank and correctly fill in all the information. Once it is completed, you need to submit and wait for the response which will take 1-2 weeks probably.
- If your application is approved, you will receive a call from the manager to conduct a 5-minute quick interview. The manager will ask you to fill in the assessment test that you can do either by going there or you can just pick up the test and fill it at home. Make sure that you fill in the assessment form with a calm and relaxed mind. It might take 1-2 hours to fill out the form. Once you are finished, hand it back to the manager and wait for the call.
- If you get through this phase, you will be called for the interview. You need to prepare yourself for the interview very well. Dress up in business attire. Show up for the interview on time and have your resume with you. Focus on the skills that would make you the best fit for the job. Share your management skills.
If you have done up to the mark till now, you will get the job probably. Just wait for the final call and get ready for an adventure.
How to apply at Chicken Licken?
Chicken Licken started their journey in 1981 and ever since they are giving the best quality to their customers. It is the second-biggest fast-food brand in South Africa and has proved its worth. Even though they only sell their chicken fast food, the secret lies in their service and the quality of the product they give to their public.
Regarding employment, there are lots of opportunities that can be found there. There are several positions available from the crew member, management, are management position, to the cook.
The best part about working there is perks such as paid vacations, medical insurance, paid leaves, sick leaves, flexible hours, performance bonuses, and much more. They offer the best jobs for part-time employees and students as well. Its jobs can be found online and in the franchises. You will need to fill in the form with all the necessary information, and give it to the manager. They will schedule an interview with you if your application gets approved.