Our external client based in Limpopo Grootegeluk is looking for a dynamic Cyber Security Specialist (CSS) to join the Information Management team to asset the business in executing the digitilisation strategy while mitigating risk. The successful candidate is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of IT, from the end user to the perimeter of the local environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Certified Chief Information Security Officer or related qualification
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Information technology (Security Management will be of an advantage)
- Familiarity with hacking and anti-hacking software
- The candidate should display an in-depth knowledge of Cyber Security with on hand experience.
- To carry out technical vulnerability assessments of IT systems and processes, identifying potential vulnerabilities, to make recommendations to control any risks identified and to ensure they are implemented.
- To respond rapidly and effectively to IT security incidents, managing them in a professional manor including computer forensics for evidence gathering and preservation.
- To be responsible for the coordination of regular Information Security Reviews by conducting assessments systems, processes and infrastructure and making recommendations to minimize risks identified.
- To work with the governance team and provide input to ensure that policies and procedures for Information Security are effective are adhered to. To be proactive in making recommendations for updates to policies & procedures as required.
- To provide high quality Information Security guidance documentation and training.
- To lead and advice on best practice to service managers, domain architects and staff at all levels.
- To provide high quality guidance and assistance to departmental staff in projects with challenging information security requirements. Provide recommendations and suggestions to internal project teams of industry best practices related to cybersecurity policies and procedures, business continuity, change management, risk identification, and risk mitigation.
- Support the development of policy white papers and briefings to keep Management, customers, and colleagues abreast with relevant, emerging policies and guidance.
- Draft correspondence about Cyber Security training, guidance, strategic Information Technology plans and updates.
- To be the definitive point of contact for all employee and contractors to the company, seeking advice on information security.
- To oversee the information security risks register and carry out actions to mitigate risks identified.
- To liaise with external partners and security agencies where required and ensure that any information requested from within the company is provided on a timely and secure basis, with the respective agreements in place.
- To work a (virtual) Information Security team spanning other company’s business units.
- To keep up to date with security trends, threats and control measures, to be an active member of the Information security manager communities.
- To maintain existing security tools and technologies. Planning and implementing new technologies.
- Plan and execute information security penetration testing, auditing, and post-incident analysis for new and existing application/technologies, with consistent improvement.
- To develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with company’s centre of excellence in Cyber Security.
- To maintain high levels of professional conduct, including but not limited to: co-operative engagement in tasks set; the exercising of initiative to suggest, through line managers, improvements to the service provided; and clear and professional styles of communication at all times.
- To manage other activities that may arise through evolution, growth or restructuring.
- Such duties appropriate to the grade, as may be directed by the Information Manager and, or nominated representative.