The role will provide strategic direction and management expertise as
well as manage performance and governance to ensure achievement of both the company and the Operations financial goals and objectives.
The incumbent will be responsible to oversee the full commercial function,
including finance, costing, payrolls, stores and procurement.
- Develop the Operational Functional plan aligned to the Group Functional strategy to align and support the achievement of the Operation''s strategy.
- Execute the Group Functional conceptual framework, systems and programmes.
- Contribute to the formulation of the General Manager''s (GM) Operational Plan.
- Implement Functional and regulatory standards and provide assurance to the GM and Group Functional Lead on compliance to these standards.
- Implement Functional performance monitoring systems and standards that are to be complied with by the operation taking into consideration industry best practise and company objectives.
- Responsible to generate ideas to increase throughout, efficiencies and productivity and to reduce cost - these could include projects to be conducted
- Planning & Budget: Develop and execute an Operational Finance plan and support the operation''s related plan in order to demonstrate efficiency and effectiveness in achieving business performance objectives.
- Manage the budget for the area of responsibility.
- Provide input and oversight to the budget for the operation in order to provide assurance to GM.
- Execution of SIB and expansion capital projects in respect of Function.
- Responsible for the generation of cost saving ideas.
- Provide necessary leadership to ensure costing and financial processes are understood, valued and adhered to across all areas of responsibility; manage the achievement of master data integrity.
- Provide Functional expertise and skills to the operation; advising on Functional solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the operation.
- B.Com (Hons) Accounting or similar NQF Level 8 qualification
- Management Development Programme (MDP) or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a relevant Finance management role, preferably in the mining industry
- Up to date with IAS and GAAP
- Advanced computer literacy
- AccPac or other Finance systems experience
Apply directly online.
If you are looking for the opportunity to become part of a hard-working team and have the necessary skills and requirements, then apply and send us your CV now!