To provide assistance to Artisans: Fitter/Turner, and Handyman with their tasks.
· Undertake cleaning, lubrication and preservation of machinery, vehicles, equipment, tools, workshop and tool room and yard area.
· Remove rust and general cleaning of parts and/or equipment.
· Ports artisan and handymen tools, materials equipment to and from stores, vehicles, and workshops
· and/or work sites and safe keeping thereof.
· Act and work in an efficient and safety conscious manner in accordance with safety rules,
· practices and requirements.
· Liaise messages and provides general physical assistance, support and labouring duties to
· supervisors, handymen, artisans, fellow mechanical assistants and fellow general assistants.
· Ensures the proper use and care of equipment working condition when required.
· Assist artisan when undertaking inspection, testing and repairs of lifting equipment and plant.
· Deliver and collect materials, spares, tools and machinery used in the fabrication and
· maintenance of equipment and plant.
· Demarcate work areas and perform traffic control.
Requirements and Experience:
· An appropriate level of secondary education.
· 1 year’s relevant work experience.
· Minimum N2 in Fitting and Turning