The Maintenance Services Supervisor is responsible to supervise the ordering, storage, and dispatch of maintenance stock and supplies against par stock levels in line withoperational requirements; as well as the accurate allocation of stock in line with job card requests and the recording of inventory and stock management systems according to company policy and standards
- Grade 12
- 2-Year Diploma / Trade Test as an Electrician (Wiremans Licence)
- Requires specialized knowledge and processes relating to maintenance practices, processes and regulations
- 3-5 years experience in a stock control or maintenance supervisory position
- Experience in cost management, stock control and / or procurement is an advantage.
- Experience / exposure to the hospitality industry would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Decision-making skills
- Controlling people and non-people resources
- Developing relationships
- Checking skills / Attention to detail
- Working with information (agreements, laws,
- regulations, statistics)
- Reviewing / evaluating information and data
- Clerical Administration skills
- Client service orientation
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintain par levels of stock in the maintenance stores in line with operational requirements and ? Adherence to policy, procedure and SOP
- Audit targets achieved
- Zero variance on stock theoretical and physical quantities
- Accuracy of data in IFS
- Reduction of obsolete stock
- Variances are identified and resolved
- with relevant departments
- Back-up documentation is filed and accessible
- Inferior quality stock has been identified and communicated
- Reports meet stakeholder expectations
- Actual spend in line with budget /forecast activity
- Check and maintain all areas of the stores for cleanliness and proper stock storage
- Place orders in line with operational requirement, economical order quantities, authorization,
- and par levels.
- Check all deliveries against the order and document any necessary changes with respect to returns, price deviations, over/under deliveries.
- Conduct quality checks of stock received and provide feedback to the maintenance manager on all problems encountered with suppliers around the quality of products supplied.
- Submit all documents raised to finance for review and authorization and maintain accurate records of all transactions and transfers in/out for various outlets.
- Do daily spot checks on stock items and investigate any discrepancies to system figures
- Participate in all mandatory stock takes according to procedure, and investigate variances with explanations to finance.
- Report weekly on the running of the inventory group for a specific areas / outlets (including problems entailed / stock shortages etc.)
- Report on price changes or deviations during the receiving of goods and capturing of invoices.Helpdesk Supervision
- Supervise the service delivery of the control room to ensure relevant support and services by the Maintenance team
- Allocate and monitor job cards to various jobs / functional areas within maintenance department for future handling.
- Follow-through on outstanding calls until resolution
- Conduct shift briefings / handovers / shift reports
- Troubleshoot and resolve any escalated Issues / queries
- Monitor functioning of equipment and systems used for the helpdesk
- Conduct quality control analysis and report on statistics and trends around job cards.
Monitor quality control activities on logged and completed calls.
- Supervise staff conditions of employment, e.g. attendance, absenteeism, leave, adherence to policies and procedures
- Roster staff in line with operating requirements
- Identification of employee training needs
- Perform on the job training and coaching to close developmental gaps and build succession for a talent pipeline within the outlet
- Performance contracting, reviews and development
- Assist in providing resources and removing obstacles to performance
Onboarding of new staff members.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Maintain a good working relationship with other departments and staff members
- Liaise with Maintenance Management with regards their requirements as well as new products,
- discontinued products, and any other relevant info with regards stock.
- Communicate and follow-through with management on challenges and escalations until resolution
- Work with finance to apply finance governance procedures to the control of stock and the maintenance of the system
- Liaise with contractors around contractor access control
- Liaise with suppliers around the sourcing, ordering and delivery of stock, products, supplies and pricing.
- Requires specialised knowledge of techniques, equipment and processes relating to maintenance repairs, products and helpdesk practices,
- products and customers
- Short term planning within a 3-months timeframe
- Organise, plan and prioritise tasks for self and team to ensure that work gets done efficiently and within budget constraints;
- Effective scheduling to ensure that team is adequately resourced to achieve targets/meet job requirements.
Interact with business clients and team - influencing, motivating and encouraging specific behaviou
- Apply business acumen and sound common sense to the management of maintenance helpdesk operations and team within regulated standards;
- Monitor changes within the business environment and is quick to act upon potential opportunities, risks and challenges;
- Consider all the facts, options and possible outcomes prior to making decisions;
- Analyse and diagnose issues and challenges and offer a solution in line with technical knowledge;
Deal with diverse problems in own area, using judgment and discretion to resolve them;
- Suggest and execute initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the stock control and helpdesk processes and services;
- Solve a wide range of queries related to service, dealing with these sensitively and within operational/procedural limitations;
- Arbitrate / resolve any difficult or escalated service complaints / issues
- Optimise and streamline existing systems and processes to support the business strategy in terms of cost efficiency, managing risks and improving the service offering;
- There are guidelines/ policies and procedures in place to be followed, but the incumbent needs constantly consider ways of improving productivity and profitability.
Equity:Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, SISA internal recruitment policy as well as units employment equity plans.
Are you a Go getter within the FMCG Retail / Whole Sale External Sales Industry? Are you energetic , can work at a rapid pace , not scared to put in the hard yards to grow the business ? ...
Our busy motor dealer client based in Louis Trichardt is looking to employ a New Vehicle Sales Manager who is able sell up to 20 units pm....
Network Engineering Recruitment
Manage and coordinate administration, production, quality and maintenance of the plant and vehicles under his control..Manage the training and development of staff on the operation under his control.....