Overview and Responsibilities:
• Diagnose, repair and service the company fleet of ground support equipment and vehicles in accordance with the company and manufacturers’ work specifications.
• Performing checks and registered inspections for all equipment and vehicles on a daily basis and ensuring that the company quality standards are being adhered to.
• Responsible for performing mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance.
• Responsible for the maintenance schedule and ensuring that it is kept up to date and all equipment and vehicles are serviced according to the stipulated intervals.
• Plan work procedures using charts and technical manuals
• Liaising with the Operations team in order to maintain and effectively facilitate the preventative maintenance program.
• Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with safe working practices in consideration of self and others.
• Conducting an ongoing risk assessment on equipment and its operations as well as ensuring that all safe operating procedures are adhered to.
• Must be able to respond to out of normal hours urgent calls when required.Essential skills qualifications and minimum requirements:
• Qualified Diesel Mechanic with a minimum of 3 years work experience.
• Knowledge of GSE, heavy goods vehicles and earth moving equipment is an advantage.
• Ability to communicate and develop a good working relationship with various departments, airport authority members and managers at all levels.
• A valid code 10, C1, C, EC1 or EC driver’s license.
• Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.