Together with our client who is a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon in Parktown Johannesburg, we are recruiting for a Medical accounts/Debtor clerk for a 6-month contract position. The ideal Candidate must have thorough knowledge of Med-e-mass (Elixir) and previous working experience in medical debt collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect medical aid debt in accordance with group targets and measurements.
- Collection of outstanding monies.
- Maintain sound working relationship with medical aid funds through continuous contact, prompt response and resolution of queries.
- Proactively manage short payments from funds to maximize positive cash flow, reconciliation of all administrators/ medical aid payments promptly to maintain updated ledgers.
- Eliminate bad debts through adherence to group protocol and handover procedure.
- Sourcing of remittances.
- Ensure collections cycles are completed.
- Complete age analysis and ensure appropriate actions are diarised for follow up.
- Ensure accurate and timeous posting of journals and account transfers.
- Ensure claims are submitted timeously to medical aids for payment.
- Daily monitoring of claims submitted reports for errors and corrective action to eliminate rejections and losses and limit stale claims.
- Daily monitoring of accounts overpaid and short payments.
- Attaining monthly collections targets.
- Resolving queries and maintaining doctor/patient relationships.
- Maintain shortest possible collection time period.
- Monitor and manage patient accounts.
- Daily follow-up on each account to be actioned.
- Systems and reporting: manage relevant Elixir / Medimass reports /weekly /monthly.
- Archive documents on a monthly basis.
- Generally, perform any ad hoc tasks as instructed by the doctor.
- Build and maintain relationships.
- Liaise with internal and external customers.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Create and maintain a positive environment where the differences of others are recognized, understood, and valued, so that all can reach their full potential and maximize their contributions.
- Develop collaborative relationships to help accomplish work goals.
- Build strategic inter-departmental relationships to help achieve business goals within the hospitals.
- Build effective working relationship with service providers.
- Telephone and receptionist duties.
- Ensuring smooth flow of patients through the practice in an efficient manner.
- Setting up of appointments in the diaries (electronic and paper diaries).
- Upholding the professional image of the practice at all times.
- Maintaining a good relationship between with patients, other administrative staff and clinical staff (on site and remote).
Having a strong knowledge and skill of the medical industry, including but not
- Medical aid pre-authorizations;
- Theatre list bookings;
- Motivations and medical letters;
- Creating/maintaining patient files/records;
- Preparing theatre notes/patient histories;
- Obtaining/filing results;
- Collection of fees/Issuing receipts;
- Medical quotes;
- Patient liaison/co-ordination;
- Stationery and consumables ordering;
- Credit control/follow up payments;
- Courtesy calls/emails;
- Day-to-day office administration;
- Minutes taking;
- Social medial/website management.
Skills and Requirements:
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification.
- 5 - 10 years (or more) debtors control experience in a hospital environment / specialist practice
- 5 - 10 years (or more) Elixir live / Medimass experience (Debtors/Finance)
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Excellent patient handling skills required
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail is critical
- Honest, reliable and impeccable work ethic
- Highly presentable with immaculate dress code
- Drivers licence and own transport
- References from previous employers
- No criminal record
- Clean credit history
- Non-smoker (non-negotiable)
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV with a recent Photo to email@example.com
REF: Debtor Clerk JHB
Medical Resources Group
The successful candicate must be able to do the following:.Obtaining complete patient information from doctors.Creatingpatient profile on the specified program....
New World Personnel
Medical Receptionist required for Specialist Psychiatrist, Alberton.Operational management of reception area: Ensuring it is tidy, organised and clean, answering the telephone promptly and management of bookings....