Oversee and be responsible to assist the construction manager in all erection activities of all boiler, piping, water wall panels and economizer/super heater elements. Q.C. sign offs
- A recognized trade in the field of Pipe fitting/Boiler making with N3 or equivalent NQF level would be an advantage
- Qualified artisan with 5 – 6 years or equivalent proven Piping knowledge and experience on Boilers
- Must have had previous experience in supervision on similar work.
- Must be able to read erection/construction drawing fluently.
- Must be quality conscious and must have a good understanding of QIP’s and quality procedures.
- Oversee and be responsible to assist the construction manager in all erection activities of all boiler, piping, water wall panels and economizer/super heater elements. Q.C. sign offs
- Control man hours allowed for erection, ensure all budgets are met or improved
- This includes updating construction schedules.
- Ensure high standards of safety and quality are adhered to.
- Assist the Construction Manager in running the site in a safe manner and within budget and on time.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and lead a team.
- Must report all deviations from the scope of work timeously in writing to the construction manager.
- Carry out any reasonable instruction given to him by superiors
- Team player
- Be proactive
- Have sound judgment
- Logical, accurate and precise
- Honest and open personality
- Be willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Labour, Industrial and Human Relations