Career opportunity to work a successful expanding mine in the Northern Cape!
The Plant Engineer will be responsible for maintenance management and the safe operation of the Process Plant and Equipment at all times in a cost effective way.
- Government Certificate of Competence (GCC)
- BSc/BEng/B Tech or NHD in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Valid Code 08/EB driver’s license
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a GCC Engineer in a mining environment – years should be relevant experience on Crushing and Screening Plant, with Systems and automated Stackers/Reclaimers and general associate infrastructure
- Project management certificate will be advantageous
- Planning and improvement within an Open cast mining and process plant environment
- SAP, Ellipse, SAGE or KARABO PM or similar experience
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Advanced Package)
- Excellent managerial, technical, interpersonal and people development skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor compliance to: MHS Act of 1996 and Regulations and Internal Mine COP’s Managerial Instructions and other legislative requirements as deemed necessary for the company
- Leads and manages end-to-end detailed analysis of work processes, master organization design to identify inefficiencies in the execution of work, diagnose and cross functional business problems and to identify improvement opportunities
- Support the identification of functional capability gaps and manages requirements address them in order to enable functional excellence
- Ensure optimal asset performance within legal requirements and corporate standards
- Continued improvement and enforcement of engineering standards
- Planning and execution of cost and capex expenditures
- Route cause analysis and problem solving
- Development and training to support and develop a learning organization
- Effective utilization and application of SHE systems
- Comply with and take cognizance of the risk protocol within all projects
- Participate in incident investigations when required
If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful. We will however keep your CV on our database for any future opportunities.