Ref: MDL 11199 - Regional Sales Manager Employer Description
Leading manufacturers of commercial glass products Job Description
This Regional Sales Manager role for a Manufacturing company will lead the warehouse team in a geographic region developing and implementing a sales strategy for the warehouse to yield a sustainable competitive advantage that translates into continued growth and profitability that is consistent with the divisions strategic sales plan.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the team to ensure customer service requirements are met and improved.
- Meet profit and volume targets as set out for the region and customer base. Measure at GP2 level. Analyse and suggest actions as required to improve overall profitability. Provide input to management on prices with a view to improving profit.
- Pro-actively identify market changes and propose new needs to sales management. To do this will require good market understanding and good business and personal relationships with the customer base and industry in the region.
- Achieve warehouse, transport and service metrics including but not limited to:- stock condition, OTIF for deliveries, turnaround times, payloads, stock availability to meet service targets, stock accuracy and loss targets.
- Manage the import supply chain to minimise costs and risk to the business.
- Ensure market & customer feedback to sales management is enhanced in order to better understand market dynamics in the area.
- Ensure customer accounts are current and no disputes older than 60 days from receipt of remittance.
- Provide forecasts and budget input as required.
- Manage the cost centre budget within targets.
- Degree in Commerce or Sales or Industrial Engineering
- MS Office
You will have profound sales experience in the glass industry and have:
- 7 Years Sales Experience
- 3 Years Warehouse Management Experience
- 5 Years experience in Management Level
- Price Negotiations
- Business to business key account management
- Supply chain management
- Leadership and Management