There is currently a position available in Meridian Wine Merchants for a Sales Consultant to service the Western Cape.
Effective and efficient execution of sales and merchandising function at outlet level thereby driving growth of the Portfolio.
Key Inputs :
Deliver customer satisfaction by
- Effective planning of the call cycle as per contact and coverage SOP
- Calling in accordance with the agreed call cycle
- Assisting new customers in opening new accounts as per SOP on new accounts
- Recording and promptly acting upon customers’ complaints, queries and requests and feedback accordingly as per Communication SOP and contact grid
- Actively building relationships with customers by identifying new growth opportunities in the wine category and adding personal touches as per SOP
- Identifying and execute promotional opportunities/requirements as per the customers’ needs and promotional SOP
- Identify training needs of the customer and execute according to a training plan.
Enhance business acumen by
- Gaining knowledge on various products and processes in order to carry out a strategic negotiation with customer.
Sales Target Delivery
- Personal sales target by customer and by brand and deliver the result
- How personal sales commission / incentive is calculated
- Grow and maintain the customer base in order to achieve the sales target.
- Develop a plan to close the sales gap by analysing a weekly and monthly Sales Report and submit this report as per SOP.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12
- A Sales, marketing, hospitality management, Food and Beverage (F&B) management related diploma would be an essential
- Drivers license
- 2-3 years sales and merchandising experience in a related FMCG liquor environment