NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Nutrition Consultant (Contract)
Seeking a Nutrition Consultant for the non-profit subsidiary of a Global Company
that supports quality life and empowers women for social good through social micro franchising in South Africa.
6 months contract which can be extended based on the consultant’s performance, commitment and growth strategy of the Company
Travel 30% to 50% travel will be required to townships or low income communities.
• Master’s / Bachelors Degree in Nutrition is preferable
• Relevant experience or internship together with a strong understanding of the culture in townships or low income communities.
• Strong ability in training, managing group discussions and mentoring.
• High level of proficiency in at least one locally spoken language and English.
• Have an entrepreneurial mind set, creativity in thinking and solutions, communicative, networker, team player, flexible, diplomatic, hands on mentality, handle high pressure, persuasive, pro-active, passionate or committed to address malnutrition.
• Basic computer literacy, in MS word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Train new recruits – micro franchisees – and provide ongoing mentoring in basic nutrition knowledge and practices through use of innovative and engaging tools and approaches to enable them to excel in their micro franchising activities.
• Work collaboratively with partners of the Company to design, oversee, operationalize, and manage nutrition activities.
• Constantly seek feedback from the communities, micro franchisees and key partners/stakeholders to improve the nutrition training material, tools and approaches.
• Implement, in the area of evidence-based nutrition programming, other projects including humanitarian projects that advance the Company’s strategic goals.
• Assist other team members in recruitment, social marketing and business skill training of micro franchisees as required.
• Participate in meetings relevant to the strategic areas of engagement for the Company.
• Represent the Company with external and internal partners and stakeholders.
• Implement nutrition support programs in other communities including humanitarian projects, train NGO and kitchen staff that advance the Company’s strategic goals.
Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Johannesburg.