Senior Key Account Manager (FMCG)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Key Account Manager (Consumer Goods Conglomerate)
We are urgently recruiting for a Key Account Manager with a proven track record of success in sales and business development. You will be responsible for developing and executing a customer strategy and customer business plan and for the achievement of turnover and the Profit & Loss for the categories as well as for the implementation and the optimisation of the category strategies within the customer.
You will meet the following minimum requirements/criteria:
• Relevant Marketing related Degree/Qualification (Required).
• Advanced/Post Graduate Degree would be a strong advantage
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in sales, Key Account Management with the ability to influence
• Ability to communicate internally and externally with multiple functions especially Executive level management, National Procurement and Planning Managers as well as Key Account Management.
• Demonstrated project management, presentation, negotiating and the ability to follow through to meet the needs of the business
• Demonstration of World Class consumer understanding, insight generation and communication development
• Marketing or Trade Category Management is a very strong advantage
Major Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Reviewing and evaluating Key Account objectives and strategies
• Maintaining a level of competitor knowledge in terms of pricing, discounts or rebates and sales targets
• Building and maintaining relationships with key customers in order to maximize sales and ensure proper execution of pricing and promotional programs
• Leveraging company’s existing sales force to evaluate existing customer compliance, gain competitor information, and provide a valued source for new National Account opportunities
• Providing professional and concise contracts for all new business & renewals
• Resolving National Accounts concerns and issues
• Working with all sales, support and logistics employees internally to ensure maximum efficiency and results
• Growing margins, meeting assigned targets and finance objectives on all new business opportunities
• Demonstrating commercial acumen and National Account brand awareness
• Managing the trade spend and placement of trade assets
Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Johannesburg or Pretoria.
Opportunities to work for such an instantly recognizable global brand and household name consumer product manufacturer don’t come up very often- this is one of those moments.
If you are ready to lead a multifunctional team to launch innovation and renovation in the market place and looking to work in a dynamic environment, send us an elaborate CV in (MS Word format) via email to email@example.com (Ref: KAM_G)